"Mr. & Mrs. Smith" Cast for TV Series


It's the time of the year where actors are being cast in roles for TV pilots. Now, there are many, many pilots that get greenlighted each season, and only a few get picked up for a network's schedule, and only a few of those survive longer than one season. And the death rate for TV shows based on movies is fairly high (My Big Fat Greek Life, anyone?) with only a few exceptions (M*A*S*H*, Buffy the Vampire Slayer).

The reason I'm saying all this is because "they" have just recently cast the leads to play Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's characters in the TV series based on Mr. & Mrs. Smith. The series will reportedly take place a few months after the events of the movie. (The movie, by the way, was very funny. One of the best popcorn flicks I've seen in a while.) Playing "Mr. Smith" will be Martin Henderson, who was just on the big screen in Flyboys. Playing "Mrs. Smith" will be Jordana Brewster, who, as far as I can tell, is no relation to Punky Brewster. Rebecca Mader, last seen on TV in FOX's doomed Justice, will play an aide to Jane Smith. They're still assembling people for the pilot, which will the be filmed and shown to studio executives in a few months and make a judgement call on whether or not to pick the series up.

So, they made the casting news, I stole images and a logo to make that composite photo for you, then I blogged about it. And now, I'm done. Exhilarating, I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment