Pushing Daisies Verdict...

13 million people watched last night as ABC showed the premiere of Pushing Daisies. But did I like it? Sure I did. It wasn't the biggest thing since sliced cheese, but, for the television medium solely I think it's a pretty clever, creative thing. (I've heard many people comparing it to Big Fish, which is an awesome comparison to make. What a terrific movie!) It was a little slow in parts, and I think they can ease up on the use of the narrator and how many days and minutes everyone is alive for (if you've seen it, then you know what I'm talking about).

The characters were all good. The cast includes Swoosie Kurtz as a socially-impaired/crazy aunt who is blind in one eye, which ended her synchronized swimming career with her equally insane sister. (So random!) And major props to the hair and makeup people for having the lead heroine not die her hair blonde. That alone is different and unique in the land of TeeVee!

It's tough to see how this will all play out over a season, but hopefully it will remain creative, witty and charming. And, no doubt, I'll let you know if it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment